Cheers to great neighborhoods!
On Friday, October 7, 2016, we’re celebrating Rochester neighborhoods and the people and trees that live in them – OAKtoberfest, at the Kahler Apache, 1517 16th St SW, 6-9 pm.
A plethora of German food will be served (see menu below) and each attendee will have their choice of one free tap Oktoberfest Beer, German Wine or mixed drink. Cash bar will be available. Several Neighbor Awards will be given, highlighting the excellent things going on in Rochester neighborhoods.
James Rabe from Y-105FM will be our emcee guide for the evening. Will he don lederhosen to roll out the evening’s barrel of fun including German (and American) games and activities? All of the silent auction items will follow a tree or beer theme. Costumes are encouraged so find a Bavarian dress or lederhosen, grab some friends and join in the party. Print off an event poster here. Photos of last year’s OAKtoberfest can be viewed on our facebook page.
- $30 Ticket (advance – click here to purchase online)
- $35 Ticket (if you purchase the night of the event at the door)
Proceeds will support RNeighbors, the Rochester Neighborhood Resource Center, allowing our organization to continue supporting community building projects such as boulevard tree plantings, street and crosswalk mural paintings, new neighborhood associations creating, as well as additional collaborative efforts that allow neighbors to build positive relationships. RNeighbors, is a 501(c)3 nonprofit and has been working with Rochester neighborhoods since 2001.
- Large Cheese and Meat Display
- Large Veggie Display with Dip
- Large Fruit Display with Dip
- Mixed Nuts
- Warm Soft Pretzels with Cheese
- Reuben Pinwheel Sandwiches
- Flammkuchen: Thin Crust Pizza (topped with bacon and caramelized onions)
- German Pork Cutlets served with German Sauces and Dijon Horseradish
- German Meatballs
- German Chocolate Cake
- Bunnie’s Coconut Cake
Have a comment? Join us on Facebook!